Sunday, February 28, 2010

No More Bells!

Ring! Ring! Ring! My life was controlled by bells for 48 years. First thing in the morning was the alarm bell. School bells dictated when I was to teach, eat, go to the restroom, and when I had bus or hall duty. Worse still, thunderstorms would knock out the school bells and as the principal I would have to ring them by hand. My life now has no more bells! I do not even set an alarm clock, although I find I am still an early riser.
 
Now my schedule is dictated by two small fur balls!
Buddy is an eleven year old Pekinese Pekapoo mix. He is my constant companion. If you want to know where I am, find Buddy. He is also my inspiration for my first children’s book. It is not yet ready to submit for publication.



TyNee is a sixteen year old Shih Tzu. She is a very small Shih Tzu. She is sure she is royalty and that all other creatures are here to serve her. She is a true Drama Queen. Everything involving her is magnified tenfold. Five o’clock in the morning is the time I am to arise according to TyNee. She will not allow her schedule to be changed by something as minor as my retirement.
 
The positive aspect of being ruled by two dogs is that they force me to break regularly from my writing and research. When they decide it is time to go out or eat or play, they team up to make sure I stop and cater to their needs. These breaks are probably good for my body and mind so for that I am thankful. Sometimes though the story line is flowing like a tidal wave and I don’t appreciate the interruption. But how can I not forgive these precious faces?

1 comment:

Kit said...

Your a better mommy then me, Tynee would have to wait until at least 7 am! :)