Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Read Across America






I had a great time yesterday visiting Miller County Elementary to participate in Read Across America and Dr. Seuss’ Birthday events. I retired the end of last year as principal of this school. The main difference is I was the last principal in a very old school and this year they are in a beautiful new school. I had the opportunity to read aloud to Mrs. Andrea Givens’ fourth grade class. Being a recent retiree, I knew most of the children in the class and the teacher from my tenure there. It was a fun reunion!
 
I read Miss Hunnicutt’s Hat by Jeff Brumbeau. The book is delightful with awesome illustrations by Gail de Marcken. The story lends itself to a great prop and wonderfully expressive reading. I do believe fun was had by all and we ended with our own rendition of the Chicken Dance!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
If you purchase this item through this site, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
 

No comments: