Friday, March 26, 2010

Saying Yes!

Some of you may have subscribed to the Lenten Meditations sponsored by Episcopal Relief and Development (ERD). Sister Claire Joy of the Community of the Holy Spirit has been writing the meditations. Today’s meditation is based on Psalm 19:14.
 
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer.

Sister Claire Joy writes that she is not a writer and writing forty seven meditations has ‘been an act of faith and arrogance’ for her. She writes:
 
“Yet one of the outward signs of a religious is the willingness to go out on a limb for God, to say yes when asked to do something we've never done before. All that seems to matter is the faith that if it is God's will, it will get done, and it will be okay.”
 
Peace,
Beth

What a joyous thought!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

I like Sister Claire Joy - you know she has a blog? I'll send it to you.